Hi! This is me- Jennifer Smith. I'm a Mom to my daughter Emma (2.5 years old), and wife to my husband, Bruce (for the last 7.5 years). We reside in Vacaville, California- and living the American Dream.
Enough about that. Let's get down to specifics. I had to really think about this one- What are 5 things that people don't know about me (besides my husband- he knows me better than I do most of the time). After pondering for most of the day- Here's what I've come up with.
1. First Airplane Ride at 17 years old: I was born and raised in south central Pennsylvania for the majority of my life. I didn't travel much out of state unless it was to Maryland, Virginia, or even New Jersey. My first travel experience (on an airplane) was my senior year in High School to Los Angeles, California with my high school band (Dover Eagle Marching Band- Dover, PA) for a week long trip. We did everything. It was an amazing trip- and I have super fond memories with good friends. Good times.
2. Super Human Strength: I didn't know how strong I was until I gave birth to my daughter, Emma. I've always been a strong willed person- but still kind of quiet. I always thought I could really do anything I wanted to do- which I can- but I didn't realize how strong my body, mind, and mentality were until I had my daughter. That was the toughest test I have every been through. 42 straight hours of being awake (not necessarily all in labor)- I was exhausted. Then with a newborn- no one sleeps! I really used to value sleep- at least I thought. Now I immensely value my sleep. I don't get as much anymore- but that's okay.
3. I'm a perfectionist. This is an excellent trait- but sometimes it's frustrating. My dad always said- and still does to this day- "If it's not done right- don't do it at all". Perhaps that's where I get it from. He's been working for the last 43ish years with the same company manufacturing books. With his job- everything has to be perfect. That's how I feel about my job- Every image has to be perfect. I have standards. If it's not perfect- you won't receive it. Though you may not see the imperfections- I do. I see them.
4. Salesmen don't have to work too hard: I'm probably the easiest person for people to sell to. If you tell me that I need this- 99% of the time- I buy it. My best friend started selling Mary Kay about a year ago- she sat me down and showed me this complete line of skin care- over $500 later- I had Mary Kay's complete line of skin care. My husband is not a fan of this trait. I can't help it- I'm an easy sell.
5. Building a Brand- Graphic Design: I have a secret love of Graphic Design. A friend of mine- a Professional Graphic Designer has praised my graphic design over and over. As an artist and business woman- I have a vision on what I want my brand to be and to look like. Being able to implement that myself- is super exciting. I spend hours creating designs for my business- not all of them are perfection- but that's how we learn right? I love to create- and I know what's appealing to me. I try and implement that into my business and create something that's attractive and catches attention. Not a lot of people can do that- it's kind of special.
I hope you enjoyed these Five things you didn't know about me. What are some things most people don't know about you? It's trickier than you think!